eBay is a platform for buyers and sellers to connect. When you use eBay, it’s your responsibility to ensure that the goods or services you sell in your store are authentic. If they aren’t, you could end up with a counterfeit product or service that doesn’t work as advertised.
This article will help you understand and utilize the eBay shipping labels section of your eBay account.
What is an eBay Shipping Label?
A shipping label is a virtual representation of your package and its contents, which you can print out to include with your shipment. You can purchase postage simultaneously or add it later by selecting “Add postage” from the label options menu on eBay.
The label also includes tracking information so you can follow along as your item goes through the postal system to its destination. Shipping labels print shipping details, packing slips, and order details. These labels will be attached to packages when they’re sent out.
You can also print a QR code on your label so recipients can scan it before picking up their package from the post office or UPS facility. This helps you keep track of all orders sent out in one place.
Truths about Shipping Labels on eBay
EBay shipping labels are often misrepresented with wrong facts or outright lies. Here are simple truths of what you should expect with eBay shipping labels:
- eBay shipping labels are a great way to send your products to buyers. It’s free, easy to use, and very convenient.
- If you’re selling on eBay and need to ship items regularly, then eBay shipping labels will save you time and money. It’s also secure, so there’s no need for buyers or sellers to worry about their information being compromised in any way.
- As a bonus, the label is pre-printed with your address, so all the buyer has to do is fill out their info and drop it off at the post office themselves; no more worrying about getting packages lost or stolen.
Where is the shipping label page located on eBay?
Here’s how to get to the eBay Shipping Labels page:
- From your eBay store homepage, click on the “my eBay” button.
- Next, click on “my eBay pages.”
- Finally, click on the “shipping labels” button on the left-hand menu bar.
How to Pay For and Print a Shipping Label on eBay
You can find the shipping label page by going to your seller dashboard, clicking on “My eBay,” and selecting “Selling.” Once you’re in the selling section of your account, click on “Shipping.”
On this page, you’ll see a drop-down menu labeled “Select Carrier.” Click on that drop-down menu and select the carrier shipping your package. This will bring up options for all available shipping carriers. Select one of these carriers to continue with your purchase.
Next, choose which service type applies to your package in question. You have several options to select from, including:
- Ground (Standard)
- USPS Priority Mail (Medium)
- UPS Air Freight (Large)
- UPS International Air Freight (Very Large).
Again, this should be determined by how large and heavy your item is.
For example, if it’s small enough for USPS First Class Mail but too big for first-class mail services like Media Mail or Library Mail, then use Medium as an option. Alternatively, use Large instead if it’s small enough for media mail services but too big or heavy for library mail services.
ALSO READ: How to start a Dropshipping Business on Amazon.
How to Use Shipping Labels
Once you have created a shipping label, follow these steps to print it:
- Go to My eBay.
- View Seller Hub and click on your name at the top of the page.
- On the left-hand side, click on “Sold” next to “Orders & Returns” in “My eBay.”
- You’ll see all your sold orders in an organized list; if you don’t see this section, scroll down until you do.
- Click Print shipping labels under “Order details” or void a shipping label if needed.
How to reprint a shipping labels
You’ll first want to open an eBay order to reprint a shipping label. Then, click on the “Print Shipping Label” button under the “Shipping & Payment options” section. Next, choose which label you’d like to reprint and click on the “Reprint” button.
To find these steps more quickly in the future, sign in to your account and go to “My eBay,” then “Orders.” Then proceed to “View Purchases” and “Go To Details.” You can also get there by clicking on “View Purchases” underneath any item listed in “My eBay.”
Once you’re on this page, look where it says “Print Shipping Label” next to each package. Clicking here will bring up another page with instructions for printing labels from different countries worldwide.
Each region’s instructions will vary slightly depending on whether or not local regulations require one specific format over another. But generally, they will follow similar patterns across borders so that users can quickly get started without having extensive knowledge about local customs practices ahead of time.
QR codes shipping labels
QR codes are a type of barcode that smartphones can scan. They’re used in shipping labels to track your packages, so you can keep an eye on where it is and when they are supposed to arrive. You can also use QR codes for other things, like storing information or buying music.
Here are some tips for using QR codes:
- Scanning them with your smartphone camera is the quickest way to view the data they hold.
- Ensure you’re within range of an excellent cellular signal when scanning, preferably with no obstructions between your phone and its target. Otherwise, the code might not scan correctly or at all, depending on what kind of device you’re using.
RELATED ARTICLE: Shopify: How to Sell Online with the eCommerce Giant.
How to Void a Shipping Label
On eBay, voiding a shipping label is possible. You can do this in two ways, both tailored to specific conditions. Below is how to cancel a shipping label on eBay:
Voiding a Printed label
If you’ve already printed a label and want to void it, follow these instructions:
- Log in to your eBay account.
- Click the “My eBay” link at the top of any page.
- Select “Sold,” then click on the “More actions” drop-down menu that appears next to your listing, then select “Manage shipping labels” from our list of options.
- On some versions of this page, under “Print Shipping Label,” you’ll see a link that reads “Edit shipping label.”
- From this page, you can click on “Void Label.”
Voiding yet to be Printed Label
If you have not yet printed a label for an item that has been sold but have already shipped it through USPS or UPS (or any other supported carriers), follow these steps:
- Log into your account.
- Go to “My eBay,” then “Sold section,” and then click on “More Actions” in the drop-down menu.
- From here, select the “Manage Shipping Labels” menu option
How to Print a Packing Slip and Order Details
You can print a packing slip and order details after your order has been placed and paid for.
To print a packing slip:
- Click the link to view your order number in “My eBay orders” or click on “Orders” from any page.
- In the left navigation pane, click “Orders” under your account & settings or “Order tracking & history.”
- Find the order you wish to print and select it by clicking on its listing title or number or selecting it using other filters if applicable.
- Then click “Print” next to “Packing slip” at the top of the page (you can also turn off this option entirely by clicking Manage my preferences next to Packing slip in your account profile).
Alternatively, use this method.
Click “Print” order details next, and select what gets printed at the bottom right corner of each invoice.
This will bring up all packages in an area where you can choose which ones should be printed out and what information they contain, like shipping labels and tracking numbers, if applicable. Select which items should be printed out and their contents before clicking “Continue” at the end.
Benefits of eBay Shipping Labels
Using eBay shipping labels holds some advantages for your business, and here are some:
- You can print shipping labels from the eBay mobile app. To do this, you must have a printer connected to your computer or device and have installed the latest version of the eBay mobile app on that device.
- You can print shipping labels from any web browser on your computer or device by going to this page.
- Shipping labels are available in multiple languages and are compatible with many barcode scanners.
You’ve learned about shipping labels and how they can help you save time and money. Shipping labels are easy to use, secure, and easy to print. There’s no reason not to use them. Also, we’ve covered the different ways you can buy shipping labels on eBay. As you can see, many options are available to you, so take your pick.
Shipping labels provide an excellent opportunity to simplify your business processes while saving resources and time.
You may also like to read our latest article, Who does a Facebook Moderator do and how much do they make?