Learn how Target Affiliate Program works, requirements to join, pros and cons, and alternatives.
Target Corporation is one of the most enormous and third American retail corporations. According to SimilarWeb, the site has received more than 190.08M visitors in the last six months, with 96.66% of them coming from the USA and the other 6.44% from other countries. With such astonishing visits, it shows affiliates how popular the retail shop is and the ease with which visitors will click on the Target affiliate link to buy products simply because it is already known predominately in Tier 1 and other related countries.
What is Target affiliate program?
The Target Affiliate Program offers an opportunity for you to earn income by placing links on your website to Target.com, where your visitors can shop for the latest fashions, home décor, electronics, and more. When a visitor clicks on one of your links and purchases at Target.com, you earn a commission on that sale. It is one of the many ways Target supports you in your efforts to earn income from your website.
Commissions and affiliate fees
- The standard commission rate for the Target Affiliate Program is 4%. While the commission rate for clearance items is 8%.
- The minimum payment you will receive for any given month is $50. If your commissions earned for a given month are less than $50, the balance will be carried over to the next month until the minimum payout is reached.
- Affiliate fees of $10 are deducted from your commission balance per month.
Details requirements to fill-in
Here is the list of affiliate marketing requirements of the Target commission program
- Name- you have to give your correct names [first and last name]
- Email- you will enter the email address you wish to use with the affiliate account.
- Username and Password- you will have to choose a simple username and a strong password.
- Country and Company info- you will need to enter your country and other company information.
- Partner Type- you need to select how you want to promote Target products- coupon, content marketing, ads, offline, emails, etc.
- Property Type- you need to specify either website, mobile or social. The website works best since you will open one.
- Sign up with everything looking good already. All you need to do is click on Sign up to get started for your account to be processed.
Requirements to join Target Affiliate program
To join the Target Affiliate Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a resident of the United States.
- You must have a website that is appropriate for all ages.
- Your website must not promote illegal activity or contain obscene or offensive content.
- Your website must not infringe upon any trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights.
- You must agree to abide by the terms and conditions outlined in these Program Guidelines.
How to join Target affiliate program
If you meet the requirements listed above, you can sign up for the Target Affiliate Program and enter necessary details correctly.
Once you have been accepted into the program, you will be provided with a referral link to target.com that you can place on your website. When a visitor clicks on your link and purchases from target.com, you will earn a commission on that sale.
The Target Affiliate Program offers two payment methods: direct deposit and check.
- Direct deposit is the quickest and easiest way to receive your commissions. However, it is only available to residents of the United States.
- Check is available to affiliates worldwide and typically takes 4-6 weeks to arrive.
JOIN THOUSANDS OTHERS: Learn Affiliate Marketing for Dummies.
Best products and Categories to Promote on Target Affiliate Program in 2022
Target has over 1 million products, including new promotions every week. Some of them are listed below.
1. Sweet Jojo: You can promote products in the Sweet Jojo category and niche.
2. Home and Outdoor Living: The Home and Outdoor Living category can be used to research products and promote to your audiences. The commission for Tier 1 countries is 6 %, while other range from 1-8%.
3. Home and Beauty: You can also promote Health and Beauty products. The commission for Tier 1 and other countries is 1 %
4. Apparel and Accessories: You can also promote Apparel and Accessories products. The commission for Tier 1 countries is 6 %, while others range from 1-8 %.
5. Baby Gear and Furniture: You have products in the Baby Gear and Furniture niche. The commission for Tier 1 is 3.5%, while others range from 1-5%. Other categories are mapped the same as others, and the commissions for all countries are 5%.
Why is it so hard to get started with Target Affiliate Program?
A few of the reasons it might be hard to get started with the Target affiliate program include- the affiliate having no experience of how affiliate marketing works.
Doesn’t know the marketing strategies to use and is not accepted into the program because they do not meet the requirements.
And lastly, if the demographics are banned for affiliate partners or certain countries.
- Talking about demographics, if you are from Nigeria and some African countries, you won’t be allowed to sign up to Target as an affiliate marketer, just like Clickbank.
- To get accepted into Target Affiliate Program, you have to tell the Target team how you wish to promote the products to get accepted as a partner. For instance, do you want to promote using a forum, your social media handles, coupon sites, running adverts, or creating a WordPress site to promote products?
Pros and cons of target affiliate program
|The Target Affiliate Program offers an excellent opportunity to earn passive income by placing links on your website to Target.com.||The minimum payment you will receive for any given month is $50. If your commissions earned for a given month are less than $50, the balance will be carried over to the next month until the minimum payout is reached.|
|Target offers instant online chat and calls support for customers.||Not all countries are allowed to join as affiliates.|
|There is a vast list of products to promote—more than 1 million.||The website is not sleek compared to its competitors, affecting conversion rates.|
|Affiliates have advanced mechanisms to make money through sales such as discounts, bonuses, and weekly affiliates guides.||Commissions are not paid for all the items sold (although, you can avoid promoting such items and subcategories).|
|It offers up to seven days cookie period, which beats some of its best competitors.||Affiliate fees of $10 are deducted from your commission balance every month.|
How to add links to Target.com on your WordPress blog
There are a few different ways to add links to Target.com on your WordPress blog as an affiliate seller.
- One way is to include a link to Target.com in your blog posts. For example, if you are writing a post about electronics, you could have a link to Target.com in the text of your post.
- Another way to add links to Target.com is to use a WordPress plugin like the Amazon Associates Link Builder plugin. This plugin will automatically add links to Target.com on your blog posts.
How to promote target affiliate programs with a WordPress blog
There are several ways to promote the Target Affiliate Program on your WordPress blog.
- One way is to include a link to Target.com in your blog posts. For example, if you are writing about products available at Target, you could have a link to the product page on Target.com.
- Another way to promote the Target Affiliate Program is to write a blog post specifically about the program. You could include information about how the program works and how your readers can earn commissions by shopping at Target.com.
- If you have a banner ad or other graphic advertising space on your WordPress blog, you could also consider placing an advertisement for Target.com.
- Apart from using Target as an affiliate program to promote a WordPress blog, here are some other things ways to make money with it as a marketer
Use Advanced Marketing Strategies
Often, the Target team provides affiliates with regular discounts and tools needed to be successful. You need to make use of these tools for more sales. You can do this since there are discount links for affiliates. If you want to create a page on your blog, you can call it a discount page where you will instruct your visitors to use the page for discounted products- which further increases your sales margin.
Also, there is a plugin recommended you will see as we go on. Use the FREE pop-up plugin to give more discounts to users.
2. Promote free shipping
Firstly, Target gives products in the wedding, baby, and college registries called the Target REDcard, where your visitors get 5% off. As an affiliate, you want to take advantage and inform your audiences that they will get free item shipping when they use your link-as promised by Target.
Also, you can use the popular gift card discount marketing strategy to make more sales.
3. Write and promote your content
Before your blog starts getting automatic traffic from Google and other search engines, in the beginning, when once you write and publish content promoting Target products on your blog, go out there and enable it, use your social media handles and related forums to promote the article. Lastly, add the best value to your audience with your content. For instance, if you are teaching them how to design the best outdoor terrace facility, they provide them with the best information and leave a link to the product on Target that promotes the same for your commission. With valuable content, after giving it your best, you will make more sales upfront because other sites will reference your article automatically.
How many Target Buyers do you need on your blog to make up to $3,000 per month?
One good thing with the Target affiliate program is that even if visitors or readers click on your affiliate link and don’t make a purchase immediately, the sales will be mapped to you within seven days of returning to the site and making a purchase. That is a great one compared to Amazon, which lasts for 24 hours (based on Terms and Conditions).
According to Geckoboard, eCommerce conversion rates are lower, coming in between 1.84% and 3.71%- while the average conversion rate across industries ranges between 2.35% and 5.31%
Let’s use 3% since Target is a top website, and all the 7-day cookies will help with the conversions.
– Blog visits- 7,000
– Product commission- 5% like Ozark 4pc at roughly $19 per sale, and more for other countries.
– 3% conversion- 13,000 x 3% equals 290 conversions
– Commissions – 290 conversions x $19 equals $3,990 per days reviewing Ozark 4pc outdoor items.
So you need roughly 7,000 blog visitors to make $3,990 a month with Target affiliate marketing if all things are equal.
Top 5 Alternatives to Target Affiliate Program
Here is a comparison of some of the alternatives
Amazon Affiliate Program vs. Target
|Amazon is more famous even outside of the US than Target and this gives it a higher conversion rate.||Target is not as famous as Amazon and this affects its conversion rate, giving it a lower value.|
|Amazon only gives a 24-hour active cookie to track all sales to you.||Target is up there with seven days to track all sales to you within that period.|
|Amazon lists millions of products and has more selection options than Target.||Target also lists millions of products but has lesser options than Amazon.|
|Amazon website arguably has the best shopping interface.||Target website arguably does not have a better shopping interface.|
Kmart Affiliate program vs. Target
|Kmart is mostly famous as in the US and this affects its conversion rate, giving it a lower value.||Target is mostly famous as in the US and this affects its conversion rate, giving it a low value but higher than Kmart’s.|
|Kmart only gives a 5-day active cookie to track all sales to you.||Target is up there with seven days to track all sales to you within that period.|
|Kmart lists millions of products but has lesser selection options than Target.||Target also lists millions of products and has more options than Kmart.|
|Kmart website arguably has a better shopping interface.||Target website arguably does not have a better shopping interface.|
Walmart Affiliate Program vs. Target
|Walmart is much more famous even outside of the US than Target and this gives it a higher conversion rate.||Target is not as famous as Walmart and this affects its conversion rate, giving it a lower value.|
|Walmart gives a 3-day active cookie.||Target is up there with seven days to track all sales to you within that period.|
|Walmart lists millions of products and has more selection options than Target.||Target also lists millions of products but has lesser options than Walmart.|
|Walmart website arguably has a better shopping interface.||Target website arguably does not have a better shopping interface.|
You may also like to read our latest article, How To Sell On Instagram Without A Website.