What is a phone case?
A phone case is a piece of material placed over the back and sides of a cell phone to protect it. This can be anything from a simple rubber bumper to a more complex and decorative case.
There are many different phone cases on the market, but not all of them are created equal. It would be best if you kept in mind a few things when choosing a phone case for your business.
- Make sure the phone case is durable and will protect the phone from scratches, drops, and other damage.
- Choose a stylish phone case that will appeal to your target market.
- Make sure the phone case is easy to personalize with your company’s branding.
- Choose a phone case supplier that offers good quality products at a fair price.
What is a phone case business?
A phone case business is a company that manufactures or sells phone cases. These businesses can be brick-and-mortar stores, online retailers, or even wholesalers. There are many different phone case businesses, so it’s essential to choose one that fits your needs and interests.
If you’re interested in starting a phone case business, you should keep a few things in mind.
- Make sure you have a good understanding of the phone case market. This includes knowing which phone cases are famous and which ones are not.
- Choose a niche for your phone case business. This can be anything from luxury phone cases to eco-friendly phone cases.
- Find a good supplier for your phone cases. This is someone who can provide you with high-quality products at a fair price.
- Make sure you have a good marketing strategy in place. This will help you reach your target market and sell your phone cases.
Tips on how and where to sell your phone case business
- Start by identifying your target market. Who are the people most likely to buy your phone cases? Consider their age, gender, and interests when determining your target market.
- Once you’ve identified your target market, you need to figure out where they can be found. Are they active on social media? Do they go to a specific type of event? Knowing where your target market can be found will help you reach them more effectively.
- Once you’ve reached your target market, it’s time to start selling! You can sell your phone cases online, in brick-and-mortar stores, or even at pop-up shops and events.
- Make sure you’re pricing your phone cases competitively. Consider the cost of production as well as shipping when determining your prices.
- Always offer good customer service. This is especially important if you’re selling online, as customers may not be able to see or touch the product before they purchase it.
Online marketplace where you can sell phone cases
These are all significant online marketplaces where you can sell phone cases. You’ll need to create a seller account on each platform and list your phone cases for sale. Be sure to set competitive prices and offer good customer service to make sales.
Social media platforms where you can sell phone cases:
Physical stores where you can sell phone cases
1. Local boutiques
2. Cell phone stores
3. Department stores
4. Gift shops
Events where you can sell phone cases
1. Trade shows
2. Music festivals
3. Street fairs
4. Craft fairs
How to use Dropshipping to source phone cases for your business
1. Research dropshipping suppliers that offer phone cases.
2. Create an account with a dropshipping supplier and connect it to your eCommerce platform.
3. Start selling phone cases on your eCommerce platform.
4. The dropshipping supplier will ship the phone case directly to your customer when an order comes in.
RELATED ARTICLE: How to start a Dropshipping Business on Amazon.
How to Make Your Phone Case Designs Even if You’re Not a Designer
1. Use a phone case design template.
2. Find free or low-cost stock photos and illustrations.
3. Use simple fonts and shapes to create your design.
4. Use online tools to help you with the design process.
While you don’t need to be a professional designer to create phone case designs, it’s helpful to have some basic design knowledge. If you’re not sure where to start, there are plenty of online resources that can help you learn design basics. Once you have a good understanding of design principles, you’ll be well on your way to creating beautiful phone case designs that your customers will love.
Online Resources that can help in creating phone cases design
8. Hootsuite Insights
9. Social Media Examiner
10. Buffer Blog.
How to register your phone case business online
1. Choose the business structure for your phone case business.
2. Register your business with the government.
3. Get a business license or permit, if required.
4. Choose a business name and register it with the government.
5. Open a business bank account.
Casetify- Phone Case Company highlight
Casetify is the world’s first social design platform for custom phone cases. With over 10 million products sold, Casetify is one of the leading phone case companies globally.
Casetify was founded in 2011 by Wesley Ng and Ryan Sim. The company is headquartered in Hong Kong and has offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, and London.
Casetify’s mission is to empower people to express themselves through design. The company offers a wide range of phone cases, from simple techniques to more complex ones incorporating photos and illustrations.
Casetify also offers a “Design Your Own” service, allowing customers to create their custom phone cases using photos, illustrations, and text.
The company has been successful due to its focus on social media marketing. Casetify has over 1 million followers on Instagram and frequently posts images of its products and promotions.
The company has also been successful because of its focus on design. Its “Design Your Own” service is popular with customers who want to express their personality through their phone case.
Casetify’s success story shows that a phone case business can succeed if it focuses on social media marketing and design.
Phone case business equipment
To start a phone case business, you’ll need a few critical pieces of equipment:
1. A printer: You’ll need a printer that can print on phone cases. Many office supply stores sell printers specifically designed for printing on phone cases. See some on AMAZON.
2. Phone case templates: You’ll need templates for the different phone cases you want to sell. You can find templates online or at your local office supply store.
3. A cutting machine: This will help you cut the phone case designs out of the template. Many office supply stores sell cutting machines, or you can purchase one online right now.
4. Phone case blanks: You’ll need phone case blanks in the style and size you want to sell. Phone case blanks can be bought from many online retailers.
5. Phone case packaging: You’ll need phone case packaging to protect the phone cases during shipping. Phone case packaging can be purchased from many online retailers.
With these critical pieces of equipment, you’ll be ready to start selling phone cases to your customers.
Phone Case business marketing tips
1. Use social media to promote your phone case business.
2. Create a website for your phone case business.
3. Develop a marketing strategy.
4. Use search engine optimization (SEO) techniques to help people find your website.
5. Use pay-per-click (PPC) advertising to drive traffic to your website.
6. Participate in online forums and message boards related to phone cases.
7. Give away free phone cases to promote your business.
8. Write articles about phone cases and submit them to article directories.
9. Speak at conferences and trade shows related to phone cases.
By following these marketing tips, you’ll be able to attract more customers to your phone case business.
Pros and Cons of Starting A Phone Case Business
|Flexibility- You can put as much time into the business as possible. If you like the work and have some initial experience, you can start small and manage all aspects of the company on your own.||Crowded Space- In the phone case business, competition is high, so you must spend a reasonable amount of time analyzing the market and understanding where the demand lies.|
|Ability to start your business from home- It’s unnecessary to have a physical storefront or office space to get your business started. You can do anything from the comfort of your own home.
|Finding The Right Supplier- Most businesses in this niche still go to the supplier/manufacturer despite how DIY phone cases are, which is not entirely a bad thing. However, finding the right supplier can take time, energy, and trial/error. This process can save you months [if not years] of time and energy if done correctly.|
|Little startup cost required- The cost of beginning a phone case business costs significantly less money than most businesses, ranging from 12 to 27,209.
|Security Issues- With any Saas [Software as a business], data loss and security issues may arise throughout building your product. You must understand precisely what you’re responsible for and how to avoid the potential problems down the road.|
|Rewarding work- Starting a phone case business can be gratifying work. After all, you are solving an immediate issue for your customer, and you’re working on something you genuinely care about.||Isolation- Frequently, as a phone case business. You work alone and do not have much face-to-face interaction with other team members.|
|Scalable- With businesses and processes changing daily, there will always be demand for new features, products, and services for your business. Additionally, you can implement several different business models and pricing tiers that allow you to reach all types of customers.||High overhead expenses- With starting a phone case business, overhead expenses come with selling a physical product. You will want to make sure you strategically budget for these overhead costs.|
|Traffic to your website- A phone case business gives people a reason to visit your website and keep coming back to you.
|Work can be repetitive- You may find creating the same product over and over repetitive and tiresome. One way of avoiding this is to diversify product lines and revenue streams to keep things interesting.|
|High margins- The gross margins for your phone case business are typically around 40%, which is considerably high and allows you to grow your business and manage costs easily.
|Challenging to build trust with your customer- With starting a phone case business, there can be minimal face-to-face interaction, making it difficult to establish trust with your customers. You’ll need to go the extra mile with your customer to grab their attention and business.|
|Quick build time- The average time it takes to build your product is quick-typically around seven months. This allows you to bring your product to market faster.
|Minimal physical activity- A big part of starting a phone case business is sitting at a desk for most of the day staring at your computer. While some people enjoy this, Others may struggle with sitting for most of the day without physical activity.|
|Easy to encourage an impulse buy- In the phone case business, you have a much higher chance of encouraging your customers to buy on impulse- you can easily alter the price, placement, packaging, and promotional value to influence your buyer’s decision.||Learning Curve- When you begin a business, you no longer have upper management to provide you with a playbook for your roles and responsibilities. You should know the ins and outs of every aspect of your business, as every decision will come down to you.|
|Unlimited income potential- When you start a phone case business, there is no cap on how much income you can make. The stronger your business skills and the more energy/time you put into your career, the more you’ll make.
|Unique perks and discounts- Working in the phone case business comes with its perks. As a seller of these products/services, you typically enjoy industry perks and discounts.
|You are your boss- When you start a phone case business, you are the one to make decisions for almost all of the operations. Calling the shots can be empowering and liberating.
|Higher likelihood of getting referrals- The phone case business is all about referrals, which can impact attracting and retaining customers. You must have a great referral program that incentivizes your customers to tell their friends about your product.|
You may also like to read our latest article, Ecommerce Entrepreneurs: What to Do If Toll-Free Forwarding Is Disabled by Frontier.