Getting out of bed way too early than you want on most days can be pretty much frustrating, but with a preset alarm on iPhone and Android devices, you can work your way around this . Doing this can be difficult, especially if you find it hard to leave the comfort of your mattress. Luckily your mobile devices are equipped with an alarm feature to make things easier and keep you on schedule.
Devices like your Android phones, tablets, and iOS devices come with Clock applications that have been pre-loaded as alarms. The alarm designs are reliable, very persuasive, and are easy to use. In this article, I’ll be bringing to light how to effectively maximize the clock app and setup the alarm on iPhone and Android gadgets.
How to set an Alarm on iOS devices
First up on how to set alarm on iPhone and Android is the IOS devices. Apple Inc. IOS versions also supports basic functionalities like the alarm feature. Now the Android environment is very different from the IOS environment, so it is essential that we also talk about how to go about setting alarms on IOS devices as well. Your iPhone can serve as an alarm clock; you also have the option to pick an alarm ringtone that you wish to wake you up. Setting the alarm on an iPhone is relatively easy;
- Tap on the Clock app to display the application on the Home screen.
- Click on the Alarm icon at the bottom of the screen, usually second from the left.
- Next, tap the ‘+’ sign at the screen’s upper-right corner.
- Then, you can set the time for the alarm by spinning the wheel on the screen. If you desire that the alarm work on other days, you can tap the repeat and set the days you want the alarm repeated.
- Tap Sound to choose the ringtone of your choice.
- Customized ringtone is also possible if you want to use it.
- You can tap on the snooze button if you want it to appear when the alarm goes off.
- Labeling an alarm is also possible if you want it to appear as a form of reminder to something. Just tap the label field and type in a descriptor.
How to include music in an iPhone Alarm
Setting the alarm with the music of your choice is done differently than setting regular ringtones on an iPhone. To make a music alarm, select the Clock app.
- In the clock app, select alarm from the bottom menu seconds from left.
- Select the ‘+’ sign to set up a new alarm. Or, you can edit an existing notice, tap edit in the upper-left corner, then select the alarm to add music.
- Select sound. Then, under Songs, scroll up and tap pick a song
- From your Library, you can choose any song you want to set as the alarm sound.
- At the upper-left corner, select back, then tap Save in the upper-right corner to save the changes.
Related article: Best 7 cheap 5G smartphones under $500 to buy in 2022.
Set Up the Timer to Stop Music
The clock app on iPhone also has a stop playing feature that allows you to set a timer to automatically off any music. You can also use this to time how long your alarm rings when it goes off. This is a helpful feature for occasions when you can’t turn off your alarm immediately.
- Open the clock app from the iPhone home screen.
- Tap the timer on the lower-right corner.
- Use the spin wheels to set a countdown timer to play music or alarm ringtone. If you wish for your alarm to ring for only a minute, set the time to 1 minute.
- Select when the timer ends.
- Move to the bottom of your screen and select ‘stop playing,’ then choose set at the upper right corner to save.
- Go to alarm and set your alarm.
- Return to the timer. Then, select start to activate the timer.
- Your alarm will go off once the time set for its ringing elapses
Why is my iPhone Alarm not going off?
Many people rely on their iOS devices for many things; knowing when to wake up is one of those things as well. But occasionally, the alarms on our iPhones don’t go off. This can be chaotic and cause trouble with punctuality at work and in school.
Below are some practical, efficient, and simple ways to fix your iPhone if the alarm isn’t going off or functioning correctly.
If your iPhone alarm isn’t going off when it’s supposed to, you should look into it as soon as possible, and if it doesn’t go off once, it might be on the next alarm as well.
You don’t have to worry much if this has happened to you. It’s almost a common problem that has been reported by iPhone users, so several solutions are available to fix the issue. Some are listed below:
Delete and Recreate your iPhone Alarms
Some reports of deleting all of your alarms and making them again have fixed the issue. It’s still not clear how it helps, but it seems to be a legitimate way to fix the problems with your iPhone alarms.
To delete your alarms, go to the clock app, open your alarm tab or menu, and take note of the alarms you wish to recreate. On the top left corner of the screen is ‘Edit.’ This will allow you to mark all the alarms you want to delete, tap the red icon net to them.
After deleting the alarms, you can go ahead to create new alarms; you can check above in the article how to set the alarm properly. Be sure to set repeat if you want your alarms repeated.
Update Your IOS Version
Often, apps on the IOS might have bugs that hinder them from working correctly. Updating your IOS on your iPhone can potentially solve many issues, including alarms not going off.
This is true, especially if your iPhone’s clock app has bedtime feature settings. The bedtime setting is a feature that sets your sleep schedule and controls your alarms. The feature had bugs and caused many alarms not to go off. Apple moved the component to the health app under the sleep settings.
If the bedtime functionality is still on your clock app, updating your IOS is an easy way to fix the issue or deal with a faulty alarm.
Turn Off Your Sleep Settings
The bedtime setting had asleep to be its successor; it is way less buggy than the bedtime setting. It can still cause your alarm not to go off at the right time, especially when it clashes with another active alarm. To avert problems with this feature, it’s best to turn it off. Then you can change your alarm to the “snooze” setting; that way, it will go off.
Open the Health app, tap on browse, and tap sleep to turn off sleep settings. Then choose the full schedule & options; this will open sleep settings on the health app, then tap sleep schedule to turn off the already set sleep schedule.
How to Use the Clock App on Android
Android is very particular about updates, and there are several upsides to using an android device. It is very customizable and comes with many features that seem endless, and occasionally the operating system undergoes significant overhauls. All these are amazing for keeping the android OS attractive and fresh. The android operating system is a powerful system with countless features to work.
Thankfully it supports many essential functions, and the alarm clock feature is one of them. One downside to androids is that many elements get buried deep in settings and can take a while to come across them.
Setting up Alarm on Android
Setting the alarm is one of those features that get buried and maybe confusing after several updates. It is an essential function that most smartphones are capable of performing, and below are simple steps on how to set the alarm on an android phone. Thankfully, you can do this in less than a minute:
- Open the app drawer on your phone, find and click on the clock app.
- Tap on the alarm button at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the ‘+’ icon; it allows you to add a new alarm.
- The ‘+’ icon is usually at the bottom (for most androids) or the top.
- Select what time you’d like for your alarm and special days to repeat it.
- You can pick an alarm sound to ring out when it’s time.
- Tap on the ‘Save’ button to confirm your new alarm.
Android Alarm Tips
Before going off the rejoicing and proclaiming the title “Alarm Pro,” there are other tips that you should keep in mind. Every alarm has a toggle assigned to it on the alarm page, usually placed next to it. When the toggle is on the right-hand side, it is colored, which means the alarm is enabled. If the toggle is on the left-hand side without color, it is disabled.
When you tap on the toggle, it can switch alarms that exist on or off as you deem fit. Also, editing an existing warning is relatively easy, i.e., changing time, repeating dates, and other settings. All you have to do is open the clock app, click your alarm page and click on the alarm that needs changes; a menu of settings will be made available to you.
Lastly, you should also know what to do when an alarm on your phone goes off. Once your alarm starts ringing, all you need to do is look at your device screen; most times, it indicates a button at the center of the screen; you can swipe left to snooze the alarm for 10 minutes or swipe right to stop the alarm. Some devices would display an ‘X’ in between a snooze button below it, tap on the “X” to stop the alarm, or tap the snooze button to snooze for 10 minutes.
How to delete an alarm on Android
Want to delete an alarm? On most Android devices, deleting an alarm is no stress at all; go to the clock app, open the alarm page, tap on the alarm you’d like to delete, and hit the ‘Delete’ button. Another case method the first doesn’t work, you can tap the menu icon at the top of the screen when you open the clock app, then choose the edit alarm option, this will allow you to pick the alarm(s) that you wish to delete. You can use any of the methods. It all leads to the same thing, deleting and alarm.
How to Set an Alarm using Google Assistant
This is another advantage of the evolution of smartphone technology and setting of alarm on iPhone and Android isn’t limited to your device alone. You can set your alarms with Google Assistant. With Google Assistant, setting the alarm is much easier. You have to grant access to your smartphone to the assistant, all you need to do is ask, and the assistant gets it done.
- Say “Ok, Google” to wake up the assistant on your device.
- Say, “Set an alarm.”
- Google assistant should ask when, or you can say, “Set an alarm for 7:00 a.m.“
Finally, an alarm is an important feature that you most certainly will benefit from using. We hope this article has addressed key areas concerning setting up alarm on iPhone and Android.
With the constant growth and evolution of smartphone technology, it can be tricky and a double-edged sword to perform some tasks. Continuous software updates and infusion of newer features means things are improving, and the alarm feature is sure to get upgrades as well.
All of these are towards giving a better user experience. It also means these devices can become a bit confusing to operate. setting the alarm on iPhone and Android devices can give you minor headaches and to help you with the entire process, this pieces was created for you. You should have no problems with setting, deleting, or editing alarms on your android device with all these.
You may also like to read, How to transfer data to a new iPhone from an old iPhone.