It can be tough to keep track of everything on the internet. Between social media, news sites, and blogs, it’s easy to lose track of where you saw that article about the benefits of meditation or the new study on climate change. One way to make sure you never lose track of anything is to bookmark it on your iPhone. Bookmarking also helps to ensure maximum efficiency.
With bookmarks, it is easy to access specific web pages without you having to browse or search for them. Rather than opening a browser and typing a web page address, a simple, quick tap will take you to the desired web page. Apart from saving you time, it quickens your browsing experience.
To add and manage bookmarks, Safari is quite efficient. It comes with a couple of extensions that are user friendly.
Irrespective of if you have just switched to the apple browser or you are yet to unravel this feature, you will get to learn how to add, edit, delete and organize Safari bookmarks on iPhone and iPad with the proficiency that you desire.
Safari comes with a bookmark manager that is efficient enough to make you edit, delete and organize bookmarks with the required control.
The stock web browser lets you add website shortcuts on the iPhone’s home screen to access top picks right from the home screen. You can also sync your bookmarks across devices using iCloud to ensure they are readily available.
How to Add a Bookmark in Safari on iPhone
It is pretty simple to add a bookmark on Safari. Just do the following:
- Open Safari on your device, go to the web page you wish to bookmark and tap the share icon you see at the bottom.
- Tap Add Bookmark in the share sheet
- Give the bookmark a suitable name, after which you tap on a location, then choose the folder where you wish to store the bookmark. Ensure to tap Save at the top right corner of your screen to finish.
RELATED ARTICLE: iPhone Color Inverting: Unique Ways to Create Colors.
How to make Safari bookmarks favourite on iPhone
To have easy access, you can make essential bookmarks favourites. The favourite ones will appear to the right of the start page.
You can do it through the following steps:
- Open Safari and navigate to the web page that you want to add to your favourite list. Then tap on the share icon.
- Then tap Add to Favorites in the share sheet. You can edit the details and select Save at the top right.
How to Access Safari Bookmarks
Safari grants quick access to all your saved bookmarks. However, you can navigate through them quickly, and access saved web pages. You can access Safari bookmarks by doing the following:
- Open Safari on your iOS device, then tap on the tiny bookmark icon (like an available book) at the bottom.
- You should see a long list of bookmarks that you can navigate to find the specific web pages and hit the one you want to visit.
Adding a bookmark to your Safari reading list on your iPhone
To read your favourite articles or stories with the rest of your mind, you can add a bookmark to the Safari reading list.
You can add a bookmark to your safari list by doing the following:
- Launch Safari on your iOS device and tap the bookmark icon you see at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the bookmark that you wish to add to your reading list. Select the share button at the bottom and choose the “Add to Reading List” option in the share sheet.
- You can find all the items on your reading list by heading to Safari and selecting the bookmark icon, a glasses seen at the top.
Ways you can organize Safari bookmarks using folders on your iPhone.
You can organize your Safari bookmarks by using folders. It will not just help you gain access to particular web pages quickly, but it will also help keep clutter away from Safari.
You can organize safari bookmarks by doing the following:
- Launch Safari on your device and tap the bookmark icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the new folder button that you see at the bottom left corner of the screen, after which you name your bookmark folder and hit done.
You can also create a new safari bookmark folder while adding bookmarks. go to the web page you wish to bookmark. Tap the share icon, select Add Bookmark, select location, select the New Folder button seen at the bottom, give your folder a name, and save it.
Syncing Safari bookmarks across devices using iCloud
To have a seamless experience across devices, you can sync your Safari bookmarks using iCloud. You can sync Safari bookmarks by doing the following:
- Go to the Settings app on your device, then tap to access your profile at the top right corner.
- Select iCloud, after which you will scroll down to find Safari, then turn on the toggle that is next to it.
Adding a Safari website shortcut to your device’s home screen
If you pay frequent visits to a specific website, why not add the shortcut to the website on the home screen of your iPhone? Apart from this being a way to save time, it can also help you avoid installing certain apps that aren’t necessary.
You can add shortcuts from the Safari website to your home screen by doing the following:
- Open Safari on your device and navigate to the site on which shortcut you want to add to your home screen.
- Then tap on the share icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose “Add to Home Screen” in the share sheet. Add a name you wish to the shortcut, then tap Add to finish.
Syncing safari passwords across devices using the iCloud Keychain
To easily have login credentials filled up, you should sync Safari passwords across devices using iCloud Keychain. iCloud Keychain lets you keep information like safari usernames, passwords, Wi-Fi passwords and credit card details up to date on any device that you approve.
You can sync safari passwords across devices by doing the following:
- Go to the Settings app on your device, select the Apple ID banner, and then iCloud.
- Tap on Keychain, then enable the toggle next to iCloud Keychain.
After carrying out the steps above, Safari will ask you if you want to save a password whenever you sign into a site. Hit yes to save and sync your passwords across devices with iCloud Keychain.
Editing and deleting Safari bookmarks on your device
You can edit and delete bookmarks that you no longer need. It, however, depends on your needs.
To edit and delete Safari bookmarks on your device, do the following:
- Open Safari on your device, then tap the bookmark icon seen at the bottom.
- Ensure that the bookmark tab is selected, then tap edit at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Reorder your Safari bookmarks
You can reorder your Safari bookmarks to see them in your preferred order. Touch and hold the three tiny horizontal lines next to a bookmark, then drag it to the desired spot; ensure to tap on Done to finish.
Deleting Safari bookmarks
If you wish to do away with any bookmark, tap the red button to the left of a specific bookmark and then hit delete. Make sure you tap Done to confirm the changes that have taken place.
Editing Safari favourites on your device
You can edit Safari favourites on your device by doing the following:
- Open Safari on your device then goes to the start page—tap show all to reveal all of your favourites. Then touch and hold the bookmark that you want to edit.
- Tap edit in the popup menu.
- Then change the name and location depending on the needs that apply to you.
- Then hit save to finish.
Deleting Safari favourites on your device
Deleting Safari favourites on your device is easy. Just follow the steps below:
- Open Safari on your device, then go to the start page—tap show all to access all favourites. Head to the bookmark that you want to delete.
- Touch and hold the bookmark you have in mind, then hit delete as seen in the popup.
In conclusion, we can say that it is easy to add and manage bookmarks on your iPhone. So you do not have to rack your head too much about the website that grabbed your attention. Bookmarking it will help you keep track of it, enabling you to access it whenever you need to. Safari bookmarks also help organize all of your saved bookmarks by putting them all together in an organized manner. It is also an excellent way to save time that you probably spend roaming web pages searching for a website that you may have forgotten its exact address.
You may also like to read our latest article, Custom App Development and its Contribution to a Successful Business.