PowerVision PowerEgg X Mini Quadcopter
- All prices mentioned above are in United States dollar.
- This product is available at eBay, Amazon.
- At ebay.com you can purchase PowerVision PowerEgg X Drone with Artificial Intelligence SPECIAL PRICE STOCK for only $809.10, which is 31% less than the cost in Amazon ($1,179.99).
- The lowest price of PowerEgg X Wizard 4K/60FPS Multi-Purpose Waterproof Drone for Flying and Landing in Inclement Weather & Water Sports Photography was obtained on 16 October 2021 3:32 am.
Flight Time: 25 minutes | Camera: 4K/30 fps | Smartphone Controlled: Yes | FAA Registration: Required | Indoor Use: No | Rotors: 4 (2 blades per rotor, replaceable) | Size: 18 x 18 inches x 4 inches | Weight: 1.9 pounds
In the water is where most other drones can’t go; however, the PowerVision Poweregg X can!
With its removable waterproof shell and pontoons, the PowerEgg X allows you to land and take off from ponds, lakes, even the ocean – if it’s calm enough.
The drone’s body can even be used as a camcorder, making it useful even when it’s not in the air.
The PowerEgg X, we discovered, flew well. However, because of the pontoons’ weight, it hovered a bit slowly and could fly for up to 25 minutes or so on a charge. It also has pretty good object tracking.
The video and photo quality is above average but does not measure up to the level of DJI’s drones. On the other hand, landing one of DJI’s quadcopters in the water to see what happens is not advisable.
Pros of the PowerEgg X
- It can land, and also take off on water
- It can fly in poor weather conditions
- It can be used as a camcorder
Cons of the PowerEgg X
- It is a slow flier, especially when using pontoons
- The video quality is not best-in-class
Check it out on Amazon
Choosing a Quadcopter for You
Drones are fun to fly and can let you take eye-catching footage, some in high-resolution 4K video. Fortunately, today, they are more affordable than ever, as good quality beginner models can be purchased for less than $60.
For a few hundred dollars, you can get a good camera drone. For more complex UAVs, you can start at less than $1,000, and they offer customizable and programmable features, turning them into truly autonomous devices that can make decisions on their own.
Features to Consider Before Purchasing a Drone
Drones are not that complicated. However, a few key questions you should consider when you are choosing one include:
- Design: Is it well built, and do you like how it looks? What are the ergonomics of the controllers (if it comes with one)?
- Durability/Reparability: You cannot avoid a crash sometimes while flying, even if it is just once. However, a good model should be able to survive a few accidents without a problem. So, if there is a breakage somewhere (most likely a rotor), would it be easy to repair?
- Flight Performance: Is it easy to fly the device? When hovering, is it stable or is a lot of stickwork required? How does it respond to your commands?
- App: Is the app intuitive enough? What sort of features are available?
- Camera Quality: How good are the photos and videos it takes (if it possesses a camera)?
- Flight Time: Taking into consideration the varying sizes of the drone, how long can it stay in the air before its battery runs out?
- Price: You cannot expect a $50 drone to perform as well as a $1,000 drone. So, how cost-effective is the device?
When all these are answered to your satisfaction, you can go ahead and acquire your preferred quadcopter.