The Samsung Smartthings Motion Sensor is not just a motion sensor but also has a built-in temperature sensor. It is, therefore, a two-in-one device. This means it can trigger an alarm system and lights. You can also get it to trigger your air-conditioning or even your fan if the temperature reaches a certain degree.
The Samsung Smartthings motion sensor is a small-sized device that can fit into the palm of your hand. That goes a long way to show how small and compact it is.
When you flip it over, you will see the backplate. You can remove the backplate to see what is inside the motion sensor. It is like a three-part device.
You can mount the plate by screwing it to the wall or wherever you want to mount the sensor. There is a keyhole on the back of the device if you wish to fit it directly into the wall.
At the side of the device is a pull tab, which will activate the motion sensor by connecting and activating the single CR2477 cell battery.
The pairing button is also positioned at the back of the motion sensor. When you are ready to detect and pair, just place it next to the Smartthings hub and press it, and it will find it and connect without much ado.
Additionally, in the box, we have a few screws and stickers, which completes the content of the box. You can complete the setup within 15 minutes.
Check Out Other Samsung Products on Amazon
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “jdsquad-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “My Amazon Picks”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “6e7a2ede55fefc2728307ebf0e8776f2”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “B07F8ZHBLS,B07F956F3B,B07F951JDP,B01GSKY4F2”;
Features of the Samsung Smartthings Motion Sensor
- The field of view is from 15 feet and 120 degrees viewing angle
- The motion sensor device is pretty compact. It is great that it should be inconspicuous and not that easy to spot. It fits into the palm of your hand. That shows you know how compact it really is
- When you open it up with just two clips on the top of the bottom, you will see a reset button, which allows you to resync it with your smart things hub
- Yes, you must have a Samsung Smartthings Hub for it to work
- It is powered by a single CR2477 cell battery. Smartthings developers have said it can last 6 to 12 months depending on how much motion is detected daily
- The Smartthings App is where everything seems to be centralized for the Smartthings Hub as well as the motion sensor. So, if you go over to your home device section, this is where you have a list of all your things.
- It can also work with the Philips Hue light bulb and can also tell you the temperature
- There is also an activity log, so you can go really in-depth in terms of details of what has been happening in the last little while. You can also view any automation tied to this particular device