Its unique dual design means that not only does the TN TONNY Convertible Desk and Clip Fan clasp to a variety of surfaces but it also can stand upright without any additional support, just like a more traditional desk fan.
This clip fan does not operate on a rechargeable battery as it relies on an AC-powered cord, limiting where it can be used; however, not by a great margin. On the other hand, some users may prefer the cord-type. If you are using this as a clip-on, it has a phenomenal grip, thanks to anti-skid pads along the inside. It definitely deserves to be named among the best clip-on desk fans.
Features of the TN TONNY Convertible Desk and Clip Fan
- Highly portable personal fan with two methods of use. To switch from table-top to clip-on and back, simply loosen the butterfly screw on the fan head and attach the base of your preference
- The TN TONNY adjustable tilting table fan has two speeds (LOW and HIGH) leaving users to enjoy two quiet speeds to suit their preference without disrupting family or roommates
- Easily clips onto any surface with its strong clamp, which offers a firm grip. The fan is equipped with an easy-to-open clamp with rubber grips that can be placed virtually anywhere without scratching the surface
- Detailed information about the installation provided. Simply set the hexagon/round nut into the corresponding hexagon/round groove, and fix the screw from the other end, so that it will be exactly connected to the nut
Cons of the TN TONNY Convertible Desk and Clip Fan
- Its use of direct AC powering mode means it is limited in the choice of places it can be used.
Buy it on Amazon
What to consider when buying a clip-on fan
At JDSquad, we researched and streamlined important features and functionalities to look out for when planning to purchase a clip-on fan. The following streamlined points would help you to choose the best fan for your needs.
- Power: Clip-on fans can be battery-operated, electrical powered or USB charged. Make sure you choose a unit that operates using the power source available to you. If you want to clip the fan on a stroller, it needs to be already charged or else must be a battery-operated stroller clip-on fan. In the car, you can use a USB-powered fan. Most offices are connected to electricity; therefore, it is easy to use the electricity-powered fan in such scenarios
- Portability and Durability: For a clip-on fan attached to the baby’s car seat or stroller, the weight should be lightweight to avoid causing imbalance or adding more weight to your stroller. Also, since you want a fan you can use and carry anywhere, anytime, you need one that can keep you cool even when traveling. The fans are available in various sizes. Some are big, others are small; choose the fan that fits your needs. The construction material (plastic, metal, ceramics or alloys) used in making the fan, largely, will determine its durability. It is important to get a unit made with a long lasting material
- Safety: Get a unit that is safe for your child and pet to touch. Avoid one with materials that can choke your baby
- The Grip of the Fan and Fan Blade: The grip of the fan should be sturdy and hold securely to prevent falling. The fan blade is mostly made of plastic and metal. The plastic blade can break more easily compared with metal in case it falls or is hit by something. The metal blade can also cause injury to a baby or kid who is curious and touches everything. A baby can also force his or her fingers through the fan slot, risking injury. When choosing a stroller clip fan, make sure the blade is cased to reduce the risk of injury
- Noise Level: All fans produce some sort of rumor noise. The noise should be reasonably quiet or at a level you are comfortable with to avoid distracting your sleeping baby or concentration at work or study. The noise level should be easy to adjust from high to low since it correlates with fan speed
- Added Features: A clip-on fan that has an aroma diffuser tank for adding essential oils and repellent liquid such as mosquito repellents may be preferable in some cases. If you are going on holiday to areas that are hot and have mosquitoes, this can be the best design to choose, as it will help repel mosquitoes and regulate the temperature
- Price: Of course, the price of the fan will majorly determine if a buyer can afford it or not