With the advent of the Pivot Clip series, Vornado can now lay claim to having one of the best clip-on fans in today’s market. The Pivot3C Clip‘s small footprint, robust clamp design and integrated cord clip respect a user’s space while providing three speeds of vortex whole room circulation.
The modernized design of the pivoting head is only outdone by the swiveling chrome bar that allows you to direct the airflow at any angle. Combine that with the peace of mind of the Vornado five- year warranty, the Pivot3C becomes the perfect clutter-free companion for you.
Features of the Vornado Pivot3C Compact Air Circulator Clip-on Fan
- Utilizes Vornado signature Vortex action for optimal air circulation, moving air up to 45 feet
- The Pivot3C is equipped with a pivoting axis and swiveling body affixed to a chromed metal clip with non-marking silicon feet that allows you to direct the air where you need it most
- The Pivot3C is the perfect size to clip to a desk or nightstand, and its sleek modern silhouette will complement any home or office
- Features a three-speed manual control, making it easy to use. It allows for on/off function with most smart switches
- Backed by a 5-year hassle-free promise and supported by a customer service team based in Andover, Kansas, USA
- Built to meet the US voltage requirements. Certified, safety-tested, and warrantied for use
Cons of the Vornado Pivot3C Compact Air Circulator Clip-on Fan
- Due to its lack of a ‘blow on you’ effect like conventional fans, users tend to shy away from this product.
- Users have complained about an interfering noise on a low speed setting that goes away after a couple of minutes.
Check it out on Amazon
What to consider when buying a clip-on fan
At JDSquad, we researched and streamlined important features and functionalities to look out for when planning to purchase a clip-on fan. The following streamlined points would help you to choose the best fan for your needs.
- Power: Clip-on fans can be battery-operated, electrical powered or USB charged. Make sure you choose a unit that operates using the power source available to you. If you want to clip the fan on a stroller, it needs to be already charged or else must be a battery-operated stroller clip-on fan. In the car, you can use a USB-powered fan. Most offices are connected to electricity; therefore, it is easy to use the electricity-powered fan in such scenarios
- Portability and Durability: For a clip-on fan attached to the baby’s car seat or stroller, the weight should be lightweight to avoid causing imbalance or adding more weight to your stroller. Also, since you want a fan you can use and carry anywhere, anytime, you need one that can keep you cool even when traveling. The fans are available in various sizes. Some are big, others are small; choose the fan that fits your needs. The construction material (plastic, metal, ceramics or alloys) used in making the fan, largely, will determine its durability. It is important to get a unit made with a long lasting material
- Safety: Get a unit that is safe for your child and pet to touch. Avoid one with materials that can choke your baby
- The Grip of the Fan and Fan Blade: The grip of the fan should be sturdy and hold securely to prevent falling. The fan blade is mostly made of plastic and metal. The plastic blade can break more easily compared with metal in case it falls or is hit by something. The metal blade can also cause injury to a baby or kid who is curious and touches everything. A baby can also force his or her fingers through the fan slot, risking injury. When choosing a stroller clip fan, make sure the blade is cased to reduce the risk of injury
- Noise Level: All fans produce some sort of rumor noise. The noise should be reasonably quiet or at a level you are comfortable with to avoid distracting your sleeping baby or concentration at work or study. The noise level should be easy to adjust from high to low since it correlates with fan speed
- Added Features: A clip-on fan that has an aroma diffuser tank for adding essential oils and repellent liquid such as mosquito repellents may be preferable in some cases. If you are going on holiday to areas that are hot and have mosquitoes, this can be the best design to choose, as it will help repel mosquitoes and regulate the temperature
- Price: Of course, the price of the fan will majorly determine if a buyer can afford it or not