In terms of small clip-on fans for strollers, the YXwin 2 in 1 Desk and USB Small Fan would be among your best bets for getting value for money.
The YXwin 2 in 1 Desk and USB Small Fan with Clip was, at its release, the best-sold clip-on fan product and is regarded as the best baby stroller clip-on fan.
Features of the YXwin Small Clip-on Fan
- Powered by 5,000mAh Li-polymer rechargeable batteries and a USB interface for computers, laptop, power banks, USB chargers and AC adapter
- Works up to 30 hours on the minimum wind (1500rpm), 4.5 hours on the maximum wind (3800rpm) after a full charge. Its built-in noise reduction motor provides strong wind quietly for a long time
- The on/off rotary button allows you to adjust the fan to the most comfortable wind speed. The running sound could be less than 20db when it is working at minimum speed; it is quieter than flipping a book. The maximum working decibel is just 40db, which will not disturb your sleep, work or study
- Supports 360 degrees manual vertical rotation
- Can be used as a portable power bank to power mobile phones, MP3 players and other devices
- Equipped with a sponge tank (two sponges in the package) at the backside. Users can drop aroma essential oil/repellent liquid on the sponge to relieve mosquito bites, especially for babies
- Curvilinear form a narrow gap design that protects the baby’s fingers from injury
- Integrates both desktop and clip designs, suitable for various places, great for office desk, baby stroller, car backseat, bicycle, camping tent, home, kitchen, dormitory, library, gym exercising, outdoors/indoors activities, and family trip
Cons of the YXwin Small Clip-on Fan
- The base of the clamp might interfere when mounting in a car. This is dependent on the area of the car it has been mounted on.
Getting value for money is the ultimate aim of every potential buyer out there. If you want the best for the bucks you pay, then the YXwin Clip-on Fan would be a great choice.
Check it out on Amazon
What to consider when buying a clip-on fan
At JDSquad, we researched and streamlined important features and functionalities to look out for when planning to purchase a clip-on fan. The following streamlined points would help you to choose the best fan for your needs.
- Power: Clip-on fans can be battery-operated, electrical powered or USB charged. Make sure you choose a unit that operates using the power source available to you. If you want to clip the fan on a stroller, it needs to be already charged or else must be a battery-operated stroller clip-on fan. In the car, you can use a USB-powered fan. Most offices are connected to electricity; therefore, it is easy to use the electricity-powered fan in such scenarios
- Portability and Durability: For a clip-on fan attached to the baby’s car seat or stroller, the weight should be lightweight to avoid causing imbalance or adding more weight to your stroller. Also, since you want a fan you can use and carry anywhere, anytime, you need one that can keep you cool even when traveling. The fans are available in various sizes. Some are big, others are small; choose the fan that fits your needs. The construction material (plastic, metal, ceramics or alloys) used in making the fan, largely, will determine its durability. It is important to get a unit made with a long lasting material
- Safety: Get a unit that is safe for your child and pet to touch. Avoid one with materials that can choke your baby
- The Grip of the Fan and Fan Blade: The grip of the fan should be sturdy and hold securely to prevent falling. The fan blade is mostly made of plastic and metal. The plastic blade can break more easily compared with metal in case it falls or is hit by something. The metal blade can also cause injury to a baby or kid who is curious and touches everything. A baby can also force his or her fingers through the fan slot, risking injury. When choosing a stroller clip fan, make sure the blade is cased to reduce the risk of injury
- Noise Level: All fans produce some sort of rumor noise. The noise should be reasonably quiet or at a level you are comfortable with to avoid distracting your sleeping baby or concentration at work or study. The noise level should be easy to adjust from high to low since it correlates with fan speed
- Added Features: A clip-on fan that has an aroma diffuser tank for adding essential oils and repellent liquid such as mosquito repellents may be preferable in some cases. If you are going on holiday to areas that are hot and have mosquitoes, this can be the best design to choose, as it will help repel mosquitoes and regulate the temperature
- Price: Of course, the price of the fan will majorly determine if a buyer can afford it or not