Screen recording means recording the screen activity on your devices, either on Android or iOS devices like an iPhone. You could be scrolling through your phone or want to share a piece of information with anyone; this is where screen recording comes in, allowing you to gather a few particular details in the form of recording. For Android devices with the latest Android 12 updates, you can record your screen without using a third-party recording app that is common and needed on Android 10 and 11.
For screen recording on iPhone devices, the screen recording feature is available on iOS 12 devices upward. Here is a well-curated guide on how to screen record on an Android device with the latest Android 12 update without using an external App. Follow these easy steps;
- Swipe down twice from the top of your screen.
- Click on screen record [Swipe right to find the screen record icon].
- If it’s not there, tap Edit and drag the screen record to your Quick Settings.
- Choose what you would like to record and tap start. The recording begins immediately after the countdown.
- To Stop recording, swipe down from the top of the screen and click the screen recorder notification.
However, for Android devices that don’t have the latest Android update, quite a handful of third-party apps can assist users in recording screens. Apps like Android Screen Recorder, ADV Screen Recorder, AZ Screen Recorder, Mobizen Screen Recorder, and Super Screen Recorder are some of the Apps that have been confirmed to help record screens on Android devices. Below is a guide on how some of these external apps can be used to record your screen on Android Devices.
Related Article: Saving Sites: what is the best bookmarking app in 2022.
How to record your screen using Android Screen Recorder
- Swipe down the notification icon from the top of the screen and view your quick setting options
- Click the Screen Recorder and allow permission to the device to record the screen
- Choose what sound you want to be recorded
- Click on Start recording; after clicking on this, a toolbar alongside a countdown will start before the recording itself begins.
- With the toolbar, you can minimize, draw on the screen, turn on your front-facing camera, pause or stop it
- Once the recording is finished, it saves in your gallery
How to record screen using ADV Screen Recorder
- Tap the plus icon in the app, which brings out an overlay; the overlay shows different controls that allow you to start recording.
- Tap the record button to start recording your video (you can stop or pause from the button overlay.
- You can edit and share your recording inside the app.
How to record screen using AZ Screen Recorder
- Once you open the app, an orange button begins recording your screen.
- A smaller camcorder will pop up on your screen (the smaller camcorder contains the icon which can be used to pause or stop the recording). The camcorder also has additional options which allow you to open saved recordings in the app.
- Inside the AZ screen recorder, you can view saved videos and screenshots, which can be shared and edited.
How to record screen on iPhone
Firstly it is important to know there are apps that block screen recording on iOS Devices. However, to record your screen;
- Open up the app or website you wish to record.
- Go to the control center menu.
- Click on the crescent moon Button, which will automatically switch on the “Do not Disturb” option. The purpose of the “Do not Disturb” is to pause calls and notifications temporarily. This is useful because it records everything that shows up as you record your screen. Once the “Do not Disturb” option is enabled, it allows you to schedule how long you wish to turn off notifications while you screen record.
- Click the screen record button in the Control Center menu to start recording. A timer is immediately set, and you are set to record your screen.
- While the screen record allows you to record the video and the audio of whatever you are watching. You cant record any audio that isn’t from your phone. For instance, if you want to record yourself talking (or you wish to include any other external sound as you screen record). You have to turn on your Microphone. To turn on your Microphone, follow these steps;
- Turn on your Microphone,
- Tap and hold the screen record button.
- Click the Microphone
- Tap ‘Start Recording’ (allowing you to record with an external sound).
- Click anywhere on the screen to exit, and tap the next screen to close the Control Center.
- To stop recording, go back to the Control Center and tap the record button again (this allows you to stop the recording).
- The video will be stored with the rest of your photos and video in your photo app.
You may also like to read, How to block, report spam text and email on Android and iPhones.