Affiliate marketing is an easy means of earning money online by providing promotional content for a product or service from a company. You make a commission every time a new customer purchases via your affiliate links for your efforts. Arguably, affiliate marketing remains one of the most popular and impressive means of passive income earnings.
While it might sound as easy as just adding affiliate links to your content online and hoping the audience click through to make a purchase, there is more to affiliate marketing. As an affiliate marketer, it’s your responsibility to build relationships, create promotional content, as well as push your brand.
That said, this piece is going to take you on a step-by-step process of how to start affiliate marketing, build an optimized site for your content, and make money from it. I will work you through all of these with the Fiverr affiliate program as an example.
Becoming an Affiliate Marketer
One positive takeaway from affiliate marketing is that just about anyone can participate. With little to no restrictions, you can be sure to use your skills and leverage this passive income earning method to make money. Bu just before you zoom off to start promoting a business, here are some things to consider:
Choose a Niche
Your success or failure with affiliate marketing will most likely be dependent on the niche you choose. An easy way to pick a niche is to start with a topic or industry you have adequate knowledge of. Why? The audience that will read your content will most likely search for advice. So if you appear knowledgeable, you increase your chances of making more conversions.
Remember that choosing a focal topic isn’t enough; chances are it will be over-saturated. The wider the industry you select, the more challenging it gets to compete. But if you get a broad topic, it’s always wise to further niche down. It will help you stand out easily in any form of content marketing you decide to employ.
Related article: 15 Fiverr gigs that requires no skill to make money online today.
Find the Right Affiliate Program
With your niche in place, it’s time to find affiliate programs that are profitable in your chosen niche. Thankfully, affiliate programs abound in numbers, and you are sure of finding one that appeals to you. That said, I prefer searching for independent or in-house affiliate programs. You can locate these types of programs via the business or company themselves.
To do this, you can head to the business website to see if they have an affiliate program. Alternatively, you can find brands to promote by simply searching popular search engines. Type in the “brand name + affiliate program” to find out if they have a program you can leverage to make money. You can as well use affiliate networks to find affiliate programs.
Remember that you always promote affiliate products that you are comfortable with and trust your audience will benefit from. Remember, affiliate marketing only makes more money if you remain authoritative and reputable.
Fiverr is one of the world’s well-known freelance platforms. The platform has been around for years now, and it offers an affiliate program to help you make more money by referring new users to the affiliate company. It’s trendy among affiliate marketers and has various methods of helping you make money. Here is how to get started:
- Navigate to the Fiverr affiliate homepage.
- Click the sign-up button
- Provide necessary information such as username, country of residence, preferred language, etc.
- Finalize your sign-up and head on to log in.
Understanding the Fiverr Affiliate Program
The Fiverr affiliate program offers diverse ways of earning from it. By design, it assists affiliates in focusing on any method of the choice that plays well into their stronghold. And they can rely on various commission plans to record a conversion. All in all, you still have to refer new customers to the Fiverr platform.
Fiverr Affiliate Commission Plans
Once registered, you can log in to your account and view various programs. It’s essential to understand how each brand on Fiverr works before running off to promote it. Each brand has its commission plan to record a conversion, hence determining how its reward is shared. From the dropdown menu on your dashboard, click on the commission plan to understand what each stands for:
- CPA: Cost per Action by Product ( ranging from $150 to $10)
- Hybrid: uses a combination of CPA ($10) and Revenue Share formula (10%)
- Learn: Revenue Share with an ongoing net Revshare of 30%
- Business: fixed CPA ($100) as well as Revenue Share with an ongoing net Revshare of 10%
- AndCo: Revenue Share with an ongoing net Revshare of 50%
- Unified Plan: sub-affiliate with a 10% commission cut
From experience, Fiverr CPA by-product remains one of the most profitable for affiliate marketers. This is because your earnings are dependent on the category in which the product you promote falls under. For example, affiliates promoting editing gigs will earn $30, while those promoting the Fiverr pro plan make $150.
Perform Intelligent Keyword Research
Now that you are on the Fiverr affiliate program, it’s time to create contents to populate your blog. Creating articles to push affiliate marketing requires a careful, systematic approach. Your promotional content has to be optimized for audience intent to help increase your conversion rate. This is where intelligent keyword research comes in. to do this, follow the steps below:
- On google, enter the keyword “Fiverr.”
- Scroll to the related search result to understand what the audience is looking for relating to “Fiverr.”
- A google search trick is to have an asterisk symbol before or after the search term. For example, “*Fiverr” or “Fiverr*.” You can then copy the suggested query to assist you with keyword generation further.
- Alternatively, you can use the alphabet letters to help create more keyword suggestions.
- Use a free keyword planner tool such as google keyword planner.
After your keyword research, it’s time to eliminate keywords based on user intent. For example, keywords that the Fiverr platform will naturally rank for, such as keywords relating to log in, should be eliminated since you can’t outrank the platform.
Writing Affiliate Copy
If you wish to make money with affiliate marketing, you need to create valuable content. The more generic, authentic, and unique content you can build around the Fiverr affiliate program, the higher your chances of making more money. You don’t have to do all the thinking yourself, as you can rely on product reviews, excerpts from visitor feedback, and other helpful information to drive additional traffic.
By creating valuable and helpful content, you ensure you come across your audience as an expert in your field. This helps build authority which in turn builds trust, which increases conversion. Just be sure to provide adequate information from each of your content. Your aim should be to make potential consumers feel knowledgeable enough after reading your content to make a purchase.
While it is not essential to have a blog before making money from affiliate marketing, it’s advisable to use one. This helps you create a brand instead of the hit-and-run approach. With a blog, you can channel your audience by creating an extended value chain which increases your chances of making sales. Remember that an affiliate marketing blog does not require a high-tech approach, as a simple blog would get the job done efficiently without costing you much.
Follow the steps below to help create your affiliate blog using Bluehost:
- Head to the Bluehost platform to purchase a domain name and hosting.
- For a domain name, it’s advisable to select relatable and straightforward to your affiliate program.
- Select hosting plan and enter account details such as name, country, business name, email address, etc.
- Also, select package extras you wish to add
- Make payment with a credit card to finalize your purchase of the Hosting Plan.
- Once payment is made, create an account from where you can now create your website
- Select whether you need help or not to help create your website.
- Choose the type of site you wish to create, either a blog, store, business, or portfolio.
Using WordPress to Build Your Affiliate Marketing Blog
When it comes to using Bluehost to create your site, the platform allows easy integration with WordPress. With WordPress, you can customize your site to taste and populate it with content as much as you want. It allows for an all-in-one web management tool. Here is how to use WordPress to your affiliate advantage:
- From your Bluehost hosting plan, you have the option of working with WordPress.
- From here, you can create an account on WordPress by providing an email address and password.
- Login to WordPress and navigate to and deactivate your Bluehost login.
- Go to “Appearance,” click on theme and browse through the available collection. You can decide to buy a premium plugin or go for a free one to save cost.
- After making your choice of plugin, install it and activate it.
- Next up, you want to set up your blog to fit into affiliate marketing. To do this, head to “Settings” on the side menu bar on WordPress.
- Click on “General” to edit the site title, tagline, and address from the dropdown menu. Click on save.
- While still on the “Setting” tab, click on “Writing” to edit to your preferred choice. If not, leave at default.
- You also want to edit your “Reading setting” too. It’s essential to cleanse the in-feed setting to the “Summary” display.
- In like manner, you should ensure to edit your “permalinks setting” to reflect the post name in your URL. Alternatively, you can use custom permalink settings to include a category if you intend to have several categories on your blog.
- Head back to your “Appearance tab” and click on “Customize” to upload the logo, icon, header image, background, and menus.
- You can remove preinstalled widgets such as recent comments, Meta, and achieves.
Using WordPress to post your content
Now that your blog is ready, it’s time to populate it with content. Keep in mind that your content has to be created from a well-researched and optimized for specific keywords that meet user intent. Below is how to use WordPress to post content onto your blog:
- Click on the “post” button from the WordPress side menu and click on “category.”
- From here, you can create as many categories as you want. Click on “Add new category” and provide each category’s name, slug, and description.
- Once done with the classes, you can now add posts to each by clicking on the “add new post” tab.
- WordPress uses a new text editor, which can be cumbersome to understand by default. For simplicity, you can install its classic editor and activate it.
- Copy and paste your article into the text editor and edit as desired.
- Add affiliate links where necessary in the post. Also, remember to use powerful CTAs such as “CLICK HERE” or “JOIN NOW.”
Adding Media Files to Posts
Indeed, your content is not fully optimized if you fail to add images, videos, or other types of files that portray you as an expert in your field. While it is unnecessary, if you wish to increase visibility by appearing in more search results, the right image or video can help you achieve just that. Here is how you can add pictures and videos to your content on WordPress:
- Click on the add image button just above the text editor. Ensure to have your cursor placed right where you want the photo to feature.
- Once you click the button, you have the option of uploading a new image or picking from an existing library of previously updated images.
- After making your choice, edit the picture to the size you wish, add alternative text for when a browser fails to load the image, add a description and click on add.
- You can add videos by embedding the HTML code into your text.
- Videos from online sources can easily be embedded by copying the HTML code from the original and pasting it on the “text” segment of the classic editor.
- Once pasted, go back to the “visual” component, and the video is automatically embedded.
General Tips on Using WordPress for Affiliate Marketing
Using WordPress to get your keyword-rich content to your blog is straightforward. That said, here are a few tips to help you even get more out of using the platform:
- Always have your keyword at the beginning of your topic
- Depending on the length of your content, ensure to use your keyword adequately but avoid keyword stuffing.
- Make your keyword part of your URL.
- When uploading images, ensure to correctly name the image to reflect the title of your copy
- It’s best to use pictures of small sizes but superior quality. It will aid site speed.
- When adding affiliate links or internal links, opening them in a new tab is essential. It will reduce the bounce rate on your blog and increase overall user time spent on it.
- Use enough headers to indicate each section of your copy correctly. It makes it easy for search engines to identify relevant aspects of a search query.
- Include newsletter sign-up buttons to your blog. It allows you to gather more information about your readers.
- Have adequate and relevant internal links to related content within your newsletter.
Affiliate marketing is an exciting way of earning passively online. It involves moderate work on your part to build the authority persona needed for the audience to trust your opinion. Additionally, promoting the right product can even help you further. The Fiverr affiliate program is one of such options that you should consider. It’s popular, and the commission plans are lucrative enough if you can get enough audience to click through and make conversions via your affiliate links. This piece also covered how to use Bluehost and WordPress to create, host, and manage your blog for a more dedicated approach to affiliate marketing.
You may also like to read, Squadhelp: Earn $300 by just typing names online!