Learn how to remove your credit card from Google Play store and change payment method for purchases.
You are likely to have more than one credit card associated with your google play account since it is how you quickly purchase apps, music, games, and other content on your Android device.
If your credit card expires or you want to stop using it for one reason or the other, then you have to remove it from the Google Play Store app.
Once you provide a method of payment to purchase Apps, Games, Books, or Movies in Google Play Store, the information on your credit card is now attached to your Google Play account.
As you may know, this feature aims to make it a seamless process for users to make subsequent purchases on Google play without having to fill in credit card details.
You can remove your credit card from Google Play Store at any point in time in case you need to do so for any reason.
While Google Play is an online store from where you can download free games, apps, movies, and more. Sometimes, the contents are not for free, so you need to add a payment method to purchase what you want to download.
How to remove a credit card from Google Play store on Android
- Launch Google Play Store on your android device
- Tap the settings icon at the top right corner of your screen
- From the drop-down menu you see, select Payment Methods.
- On the payment methods screen, scroll down and tap on the More Payment Settings option. You will get redirected to Google Pay Centre through the Chrome Browser.
- Sign in to the Google Payment Centre by filling in your email address and password connected to your Google Play Store account.
- After you sign into the Google Payment center, tap on the settings icon with three lines seen at the top left corner of your screen.
- From the menu you see, tap on the option for Payment Methods.
- On the next screen, you will view all the Credit Cards and other payment methods if anyone connects to your Google Account.
- On the popup, tap the remove button to complete the process of removing the selected credit card from google play.
RELATED ARTICLE: The best credit cards for travel hacking.
Removing payment method from Google play on your PC
- Open your favorite web browser and go to the Google Play site, where you will log into your Google account.
- After you log in, from the left sidebar, select “Payment Methods.”
- On the “Payment Methods” page, just beneath the current methods, click “Edit Payment Methods.”
- Select “Edit Payment Methods” at the bottom.
- It will direct you to the Google Payments Centre sire. Here, find the credit card or another payment method to remove. Then just below it, click “Remove” from the prompt screen.
Changing your payment method while purchasing on Google Play
- On your android device, launch the Google Play store app.
- Go to a paid items page
- Tap the price and review the app permissions
- Under the app name, tap on the down arrow, then selects Payment methods.
- Choose from one of the existing payment methods or add a new one if you wish
- Go ahead to complete your purchase.
Checking your credit card in Google Chrome
If you need to delete or update your credit card information in your Google Chrome account, it can occur by checking the payment method settings.
- First of all, launch google chrome on your computer. Open any window on google chrome, then click on the three vertical dots you see at the top right corner of the browser, then click on “settings.”
- Under the tab, you will see “Autofill” and choose “Payment methods.”
- Look for the payment methods subsection to see your saved credit card information.
- Click on the three-dotted button beside the subsection to view more information about the credit card. You will see “Edit” under the small menu.
- Under the “Edit Card” window, you will see the credit card number, the date of expiry, the full name on the card, and the nickname.
- While the edit screen is still open, you can affect changes to the information stored if need be or copy and paste it to another destination. Once you finish making changes, click “save.”
Going back to the payment methods screen, you can add a new credit card if you wish by using the autofill section. To delete a credit card saved in google chrome, click the three-dotted button beside the card in the list and choose” remove.”
In conclusion, removing a credit card from Google Play services for whatever the reason may be, is relatively easy as you can navigate your way through the google play settings on your android device as well as through your computer via google chrome.
You may also like to read our latest article, PingID: What It Is and How to Use It.