Selling online has several benefits and doing it on Instagram with Shopify is even better. Compared with a physical retail store, your online store can reach shoppers that reside across different geographical boundaries worldwide, and you do not need someone to help with the cash register.
You are not limited to selling in a particular way as you can adopt whatever method works best for you.
Not only can you sell from your Shopify store, but you can also expand to other sales channels where your potential clients are, like Instagram.
With the advent of Instagram shopping and checkout, it has become a force that suits eCommerce brands.
Instagram started solely as a place to post pictures and videos for fun. It has now become a platform that brands can use to market their products and services.
Using Instagram’s Shopify integration, businesses and brands can showcase their products that users can purchase by making just a few clicks while on the app, instead of having to exit the platform to go to your website or online store.
Why your Shopify store should be on Instagram
Having your Shopify store on Instagram enables you to benefit in several ways you never thought. Here are some reasons you should have your Shopify store on Instagram:
1. Instagram is on a broader range
According to a statistic, Instagram had about 2 billion monthly active users as of 2021. There is a high chance that your customers are part of the 2 billion users, and Instagram grants you that free opportunity to reach out to them.
2. Shopping is easy with Instagram
With Instagram, it is easy for users to research products and services before making any purchase. The shoppable posts on Instagram have a shopping bag icon with additional information about the product and a button to “view products,” taking users to a Shopify store. Posts like these make the shopping process smooth and seamless for users and act as a digital product catalog for businesses.
3. Able to access enhanced product marketing
The shopping features on Instagram, such as shopping bags and shops, let businesses generate sales for their Shopify stores through the Instagram app. brands can also improve customer relationships with special offers and discounts.
RELATED ARTICLE: 7 Best Enterprise Ecommerce Platforms.
How to set up Instagram with Shopify store
You can set up Instagram shopping for your Shopify store and make massive sales. To do this, follow the steps to follow:
- Set up a Facebook channel in your Shopify store
- Begin by creating a Facebook channel that will allow you to add your Shopify products. Use it to tag all the products on your Instagram feed and stories.
- Create an Instagram business profile
The next thing to do is to set up an Instagram business profile. If you have an existing Instagram account and wish to make it a business account, you can do this from the settings menu.
You can only use the Instagram shopping feature if you have a business account. In addition to having a business account, the Instagram merchant policy requirement states that you must link your account to a Facebook page with a catalog of your products and sell only products and not services.
The Instagram shopping feature must also be available in your region for it to work.
If your business meets all these requirements, you can apply for a review on Instagram, here is how:
- Go to the settings menu
- Then navigate to the business tab
- Click on sign up for Instagram shopping, follow the instructions given, and click on submit
- Once you get approval, you will notice the shopping option when you check the settings menu.
Enable Instagram with Shopify and put your products up for sale
The next thing to do is to enable the shopping feature to tag products in the images you post. It is how Instagram starts placing orders. Enable the shopping feature tag by doing the following:
- Click on profile settings
- Click shopping in the drop-down menu
- Hit on continue
- Link your Facebook channel to your Instagram business profile.
Add products to your Instagram posts
Are you ready to add products to your posts and create an Instagram feed that is shoppable? Here are some things for you to bear in mind:
- Use images that are of high quality and videos of high resolution that will grab the attention of your audience. Imagine your feed as a product catalog or as a store window.
- Upload the images of your product with creative and engaging captions that will convince people to carry out the desired call to action.
- Tag your products to their Shopify links. You can tag up to five different products per image or video.
- Make sure the image name you use on Instagram is the same one used on your Facebook channel.
- Create stories on Instagram
Once you have Instagram shopping, you can start selling products through Instagram stories. Don’t forget that anything that has a product tag is shoppable. Start creating Instagram stories to feature your Shopify products and provide the necessary information.
An Instagram story is an excellent way to grab the attention of your customers outside your feed posts. While Instagram stories disappear after 24 hours, you can choose to save them as highlights on your Instagram page for an indefinite period.
Promoting products on Instagram with Shopify
Here are some tips to promote your products on Shopify on Instagram:
- Be authentic
- Be unique, creative, and authentic to succeed at marketing on Instagram. Give credit to those from whom you adopted their ideas.
- Write catchy product descriptions.
Customers can make assumptions about your brand in seconds of viewing your Instagram feed, posts, stories, videos, or even your account page. To deliver the best impression, ensure all the details are correctly spelled out and encourage the customers to interact with your brand and the product description.
1. Optimize your account
Ensure you use an appropriate username for your brand with a good profile picture and a complete bio on your profile page.
2. Post when users are most active
There is no spelled-out rule regarding the best time to post—Aim t post when most of your followers are active. You can use Instagram analytics to know when your target audience is most active.
3. Offer discounts and promo codes
Attract new customers and retain the existing ones by offering deals. People will likely purchase from stores where they get discounts.
In conclusion, connecting your Shopify store on Instagram will help you reach a broader range of people that are your potential clients. This way, you stand a better chance of making better sales and generating more revenue and profit for your business.
You may also like to read our latest article, 7 Steps to integrate Magento and Salesforce.